29 Ene Short story competition #PicsVolunteers
While it is true that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, words are needed to explain the reality that hides behind a shocking picture.
After passing through Colombia, Haiti, Lebanon, Nicaragua and Palestine, a team of volunteers who participated in the 2014 edition of EU Aid Volunteers, have photographed their experiences and the context in which they have been living.
We selected a picture of each of these countries. Choose one, the one that motivates you or inspire you and tell us the story that can lay behind that instant picture, follow the instructions contained in the bases to send us the story.
We wish to receive many stories to help us believe that «we can change our reality», as Eduardo Galeano says!
These are the 5 selected images:
1. The short stories should be no longer than 600 words.
2. The minimum age for participation is 18 years. The volunteers of EU Aid Volunteers program and staff working in the three organizations cannot take part to the contest. (sorry!)
3. The stories (.doc or .pdf format) should be sent to the address email@example.com indicating in the subject: SHORT STORY COMPETITION, and including your name and surname in the text.
4. The deadline for submission of the reports will be Monday, 16th February, at 24h. Any story sent late or that not comply with the conditions and terms stated will be automatically rejected.
5. Languages: stories can be sent in English, Spanish, Italian and German.
6. The author will decide whether to publish its work under exclusive rights or under a free licence and will specify it in the text he/she will send.
A batch of fair-trade organic products worth about 100 EUR.
The winning stories will be published on the website of Aid Volunteers (http://aidvolunteers.org/), in the newsletter of Alianza por la Solidaridad and in the websites of the NGO’s and partners involved in the project.
The jury will be formed of the 3 organizations staff and the Program volunteers.